2. District 4
4. Short, average weight, a tad muscular for a female of my age (18). I’ve been a swimmer my whole life, so I naturally have the swimmer build: broad shoulders with narrow hips. I have long curly brown hair that I like to braid in multiple ways, but when I swim I wear it down because it looks very pretty and flowy. Excellent swimmer, practically a fish. Can hold breath for over a minute. Not very fast when running and gets tuckered out easily while on foot.
5. Knows how to fish, make and use nets, tie good knots, excellent swimmer, hold breath for forever, an excellent chef-can cook a meal out of anything, good with a spear/trident, excellent liar, sneaky, friendly, can sail, can start fires, likes the company of others occasionally, but prefers to be alone.
6. Surviving, Fighting, Sponsors, Tactics, Escape.
7. When I was young, about 8, my father started to take me out on his boat to help him fish. I was the oldest child even though I had two strong younger brothers. They were not mentally ready to do the kind of fishing my father did. My brothers are twins, and have always been different. They aren’t mentally all there, but that has never stopped them. My family treated them like normal boys. Fishing was mainly for men, and the women were in charge of making the nets to help catch fish. One of the days my father and I were out on the water, we heard over the radio that a woman was caught stealing fish from one of the boats. She had two young boys with her and they were to be executed on the spot for stealing Capital goods. The radio was broadcasting the whole thing live. They made the three thieves stand in a line. The woman was crying and it sounded too familiar… There were three gunshots and they were dead. My father and I got home and there was a note attached to our front door saying that mom and the boys were executed for stealing. They were the ones we heard about on the radio. My father was stunned. We didn’t fish for days. He just sat in his chair and stared at nothing. I had to go fish on his boat by myself to provide for us. He would never eat, but it was always worth trying whenever I cooked us food. When I started to get sick of fish flavored fish, I decided to get a book on plants. I bought one at the market and read all about the different leaves and berries that I can use to make different flavors. It also told me what not to touch. After a few months, my father was withering away into nothing. He sat in his chair and stared. He died while I was out fishing. I was almost 18, and soon it wouldn’t matter to the district if I was orphaned or not. So I kept my father’s death a secret. I left for my next fishing trip before dawn and brought my father’s body with me. Once out at sea, I dumped his body. It’s where he would have wanted to be anyway. I lived on my own, providing for me and my mentally vacant father for 8 months before he died of a broken heart. Then it was only 3 more months before I turned 18 and another month before the reaping in which I was chosen. Nobody volunteered. The female who had trained to be in this year’s games died in a boating accident.
- Rank in #4
- Training result: 7
- The arena for this edition of the hunger games was: A rocky cliff island surrounded by the ocean whose waves constantly crush against its rocky edges. Rain falls nearly all the time, it usually stops but for an hour or two only every day and houses many cliffs and waterfalls. In consequence, the field is very slippery and accidents happen very quickly.
- During the bloodbath, you ran straight for the cornucopia and managed to pick up a bag, but also toke the risk of running up to a dead tribute to get hold of the spear he happened to pick before running off in direction of the woods.
- During the games, your mind was settled to priorize survival since you were confident that finding a source of water would provide you both food and water, but also to fight if it came down to that. Once deeper into the woods, you stopped to catch up your breath and inspected your bag, which provided you both rope and matches. You went on your way, only to come across a cliff and to realise you were on a high ground island, surrounded by an agitated ocean. No chance you could ever make it down there without drowning or falling to your death, so you had no other choice but to seek water elsewhere. After an hour in the woods without the sight of another tribute, yours ears led you to a river which happened to flow into a huge waterfall. You didn’t want to fall down that either, judging by the height! Nonetheless, you established yourself on a tree in the woods nearby. With a rope and your experience, you easily made a net and used it to catch a few fish to eat. You were careful with your matches, making very little fire and not long enough to catch anyone’s attention. That night, you fell asleep on a higher branch of the tree, only to wake up to the noises and soon enough the sight of a tribute chasing another right below. The pursuer stabbed his victim right under your eyes, which led you by instinct, to drop your net onto his head, pinning him to the ground. You proceeded to finish him off with your spear, since he was obviously a threat. For yet another day, you managed to make it off by fishing. The next morning, you were about to repeat your routine as you went to the river with both your spear and net… But you surely didn’t await to see the careers walking along a few meters away. At your very sight, they began running after you and one also readied her bow. You were cornered, and they would quickly shoot you or catch up with you. Which left you no other choice: you ran straight up to the waterfall and jumped down, without a second thought. You fell for what seemed like an eternity, you probably never dived from that high, but by the time you resurfaced, the careers already turned their back to the cliff. They probably thought you were dead, which was for the best. You slowly swam to the shore, only to realise you broke your spear and damaged your net in the process, but worst, your left leg was literaly cut all the way down to the side making you lose a lot of blood. This wasn’t good, and it did hurt indeed, but out of nowhere, another tribute from district 10 came out and agreed to give you his first aid kit in exchange of your ability to fish, since he had no more food left. For about two days, you two didn’t get the attention of any other tributes and intead, stood by as you noticed only 5 of you were left in the arena. The finales were coming, and you knew that it was a matter of time before he would turn onto you, which would be even worst considering your state. Therefore the next morning, when you fell upon a few berries you recognized from your book as poisonous, you quickly grabbed them and bathed the fish you fed him with them. Once he died, you knew you had entered the finales. You had a chance to do this, you only had to take down the remaining ones… Therefore you went where most would probably head to now, the cornucopia.
- During the finales, you finally reached the ground of the initial bloodbath. With no one in sight, you decided waiting it out without selling your position would be best, especially with your leg. Therefore, you climbed into a tree, ready to repeat your net trick to anyone that would pass by. In less than an hour, a career fell for it. Now stuck under your net, you reached the ground level once more, ready to do the job.
- Your death: Once you were about to plunge your spear into the tribute, you heard noises coming from behind. Quickly, you turned around only to see another career from district 2 coming out of the bushes. She had a barbed club in his hands, and her swing, far more precise and strong than you awaited it to be. The sound of the gong silenced the waterfalls.